Work Safety Eyewear
The many Americans sustain an injury to the eye at work. This emphasizes just how important wearing protective eyewear is. We at Wellington Eye Care serving Wellington, CO, and Fort Colins, CO, know a lot about work safety eyewear. Our eye doctor can provide work safety eye wear and eye protection, including z87 certified frames.
Importance of Eye Protection at Work
Your workplace may be the place that helps you support your family, but it can also be a danger to your eyes. This is especially true if you work in one of the following environments:
- Health care
- Janitorial or sanitation
- Auto repair
If you don’t use proper eye protection, you might end up unable to work. Our eye doctor can help advise you on the best eye protection for your job.
Common Eye Hazards in Work Environments
There are many things that can hurt your eyes at work. Most fall into one of the categories listed below.
- Chemicals: Both chemical fumes and splashes can damage your eye and lead to vision problems.
- Flying objects: Many eye injuries come from concrete, wood, metal, and other debris that are launched into the air. These can cause corneal abrasions.
- Dust: Dust is present in many types of work environments. In addition to posing breathing problems, the dust can irritate and damage your eyes.
- Radiation: Some tools and machinery use or produce ultraviolet radiation, infrared radiation, and lasers.
- Pathogens: Pathogens from blood and body fluids, such as HIV and hepatitis, pose a potentially fatal hazard. This is seen as more of a danger in medical situations, but injuries in other types of work environments can pose the same risk.
Choosing Work Safety Eyewear
Wearing protective eyewear is imperative, and Z87 certified frames are one of the safest options available. Z87 certified frames meet OSHA’s guidelines, and they come in a variety of options to meet your needs. Our optometry team can help you choose the best rating for your job.
What if I Wear Eyeglasses?
There was a time that if you had to wear prescription lenses, you would have to wear safety glasses on top of them. A great thing about advancements in the eye care industry is that you can now get prescription safety glasses. You no longer must manage through a bulky, double-lens get-up. And you can get safety glasses that are Z87 certified in both prescription and non-prescription options.
Protect Your Eyes with the Help of Our Eye Doctor
Don’t put your eye safety at risk while you’re working. Schedule an appointment at Wellington Eye Care serving Wellington, CO, and Fort Colins, CO, by calling (970) 568-7161. Our eye doctor can provide optometry services to such as eye protection in the form of work safety eyewear and z87 certified frames.